Terms of Reference: IPF Fundraising officer
The Ibiza Preservation Fund (IPF) aims to help preserve Ibiza and Formentera’s exceptional beauty and natural value, and to encourage sustainable initiatives. Our main focus is the conservation of Ibiza and Formentera’s countryside and marine areas. We raise money from people from all over the world who care about Ibiza’s future. Funds raised are used to support cutting-edge environmental initiatives, carried out by organizations on the island.
- To work with IPF management and Council Fundraising Working Group in order to increase available funding.
- To develop a fundraising strategy that will guide the organisation in its fundraising efforts during the next years.
- To prioritize potential funding opportunities according to the best possible match between IPF’s activities and donor interests.
- To build and mantain funding opportunities (business, individuals, other foundations) internationally and locally.
- Support the preparation of partnership proposals and secure initial meetings with prospects. Seek opportunities to generate further income through innovative solutions.
- To develop and update regularly a database summarizing the range of donors potentially interested.
- To update IPF presentation materials for donors.
- To organize or provide assistance in organizing any fundraising events for IPF.
Qualifications & Experience
- University degree
- High professional knowledge of English and Spanish
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Minimum of five years of strategic development and fundraising experience (including donor management, identification and liaison; proposal writing)
- Proven track of successful fundraising
- Excellent inter-personal working skills
Ibiza (home based). Car needed.
Appointment and starting date
Part-time position (50%)
Starting in February 2018 (Interviewing process should complete at the end of January)
Deadline to receive CV and letter of interest: January 15th 2018